First of all, congratulations on your new furry friend! Adopting a new dog is always exciting and one of the key steps to this adoption process is choosing the perfect name for your new furry friend.
White dogs have very sticking and unique coats, so it only makes sense to keep their coat color in mind when selecting a name. Luckily, there are many different names for white dogs available.
We hand-selected plenty of white dog names for you to choose from. Whether your canine is big or small, we have something perfect for them on our list of all white dog names.
White Dog Female Names
Choose something elegant and descriptive for your white female dog. We’ve selected dozens of names that are fitting for nearly any female canine. Try some of these names if you’re looking for some inspiration:
- Alaska: A very snowy state for a very white dog.
- Anjo: Portuguese for “angel”
- Artemis: Greek goddess of the moon and hunting.
- Aspen: a lighter-colored tree that is common in snowy areas.
- Bianca: Italian for “white”
- Blanco: Spanish for “white
- Brie: a fancy cheese that is lighter in color
- Coconut: the inside of a coconut is completely white
- Daisy: these flowers are often white in color
- Dove: a white-colored bird and elegant-sounding name
- Everest: There is plenty of snow on this mountain. Plus, this is also the name of a white sled dog on the kid’s show Paw Patrol.”
- Gardenia: a white flower
- Nimbus: the light-colored circle around the full moon
- Oreo: Because everyone’s favorite part is the white filling
- Peony: a white flower found in many different countries
- Salt: This name is something nearly everyone can pronounce, even small children
- Sugar: An alternative to Salt if your dog is on the sweeter side
- Vanilla: A more unique name that is synonymous with white ice cream
- Wit: Dutch for “white”
Learn More: Top 400+ Female Dog Names
White Dog Male Names
Here are some strong, masculine options for your male dog. Just because your dog is white doesn’t mean they need a delicate, cute name. There are many names out there for beefy, white guard dogs.
- Akos: Hungarian name meaning “white falcon”
- Alban: English name meaning “white”
- Albert: English name meaning “white”
- Aubin: Norman French name meaning “like white”
- Bardhyl: Albanian name meaning “white star”
- Bela: Hungarian name meaning “white”
- Belbog: the Slavic deity also known as the “white dog”
- Beluga: a type of white whale
- Belun: Alternate spelling of the Slavic “white god”
- Blake: an Old English name meaning both “black” and “white”
- Casper: the friendly ghost
- Egret: a tall, lanky, white bird
- Finn: Old Irish name meaning “fair” and “white. This was the name of an Irish hero who was all-wise.
- Fion: Gaelic name meaning “fair” and “white”
- Gavin: Celtic name meaning “white hawk”
- Gawain: Middle English Arthurian legend name for one of the knights of the round table – probably derived from a word meaning “white hawk”
- Ghost: as in the dire wolf off of Game of Thrones
- Sirius: after the white “dog star”
- Wyn: Welsh name meaning “blessed”, “fair”, “holy”, and “white”
Learn More: Top 500+ Male Dog Names
Small White Dog Names
There are plenty of cute names out there for smaller, white dogs. This list includes names for both genders, so there is a little something for everyone.
- Bolt: the small, white dog from the Disney movie of the same name
- Buttermilk: a sweeter name for a small, cuddly dog
- Carnation: a small delicate flower
- Creamer: for the owner who loves coffee.
- Crystal: most crystals are pretty small in size
- Diamond: these precious stones are often small
- Dove: a smaller, white bird
- Ermine: a type of small, white weasel that hunts in the snow.
- Finnian: Irish name meaning “little white one”
- Frost: a shortened form of “Jack Frost”, the wintery spirit
- Lily: a water flower
- Marshmallow: you can’t really get cuter than this
- Mushroom: there are many species of mushrooms that are white in color
- Opal: an elegant stone that makes the perfect name for a smaller dog
- Pearl: a small, white stone that sounds very elegant
- Popcorn: I’ve always wanted to name a dog this
- Quartz: a clear, white-ish crystal
- Yuri: Japanese name meaning both “happiness” and “snow”
Learn More: Top 300+ Chihuahuah Dog Names
White Fluffy Dog Names
White, fluffy dogs are absolutely adorable. Their unique coats allow you to get really creative with names. There are countless naming ideas that are particularly fitting for these adorable dogs.
- Cotton Ball
- Cream Puff
- Dandelion: because of their white, fuzzy seeds
- Kaya: Greek word meaning “pure” or “white”
- Noodle: okay, not all noodles are exactly “white”, but this name is adorable.
- Nova: as in “supernova”
- Plow: a fitting name for a little-too-hyper dog
- Snow White: as in the Disney Princess
- Thunderhead: a type of cloud
Learn More: Top 200+ Black Dog Names
Cute Names for Big White Dogs
Looking for something that embodies your dog’s cute personality and white coat? Try some of these names:
- Alby: English name meaning “white”
- Alva: Irish Gaelic name meaning “white”
- Arjun: Hindi name meaning “white”
- Bai: Chinese unisex name meaning “pure white” and “many”
- Blanca: Spanish word meaning “white”
- Finola: Irish Gaelic name that translates literally to “white shoulder”
- Flora: Irish Gaelic name that also means “white shoulder”
- Genna: Latin name meaning “white and smooth”
- Gidget: the Pomeranian from the movie The Secret Life of Pets
- Gwyn: Welch name meaning “fair”, “holy”, and “white. This is also the name of the ruler of the underworld in Welsh mythology.
- Hotah: Native American Sioux name that means “white”
- Leban: Hebrew name that means “white”.
- Lotus: a Latin name for a specific type of flower found in Egypt. Originally, this name meant “covering” or “veil” before it was applied to the flower.
- Rim: Arabic name meaning “white antelope”
- Skah: Native American name meaning “white”
- Tulip: a light-colored flower
- Tuyet: Vietnamese name meaning “snow white”
- Whitney: an English name meaning that comes from the phrase “atten whiten ey”, which means “by the white island”.
- Zuri: Basque name meaning “white”
Learn More: Top 200+ Big Dog Names
Unique White Dog Names
If you really want your canine to stand out, use one of these truly unique names. We’ve gathered names from across the world that would be fitting for a white dog. Here are some of our favorites:
- Aeronwen: Welsh name meaning “white berries”, though it could also mean “white slaughter”
- Ailpein: Pictish name meaning “white”
- Ajuna: Hindu name meaning “white”
- Albanus: Literally translating to “like Albus”, which means “white”
- Albhe: Irish Gaelic name meaning “white”. While this is a unisex name, it is the name of a female warrior in Irish legend.
- Albina: English name meaning “white”
- Albus: Latin name meaning “white” or “pale”
- Aodhfin: Irish name meaning “white fire”
- Bardhyl: Albanian name meaning “white star”
- Blanchefleur: French name meaning “white flower”. This is also the name of a female character in Arthurian legend.
- Blodwen: Welsh name meaning “white flower”
- Candida: English name meaning “clear and white”
- Chochuschuvio: Hopi name meaning “white-tailed deer”
- Eirwen: Welsh name meaning “snow white” or “holy snow”
- Findleach: Old Irish Gaelic name meaning “white Champion”
- Finnagan: Gaelic name meaning “tiny little white one”
- Fionnghall: Gaelic name meaning “white valor”
- Gaenor: Welsh name meaning “white and smooth”
- Gauri: Hindi name meaning “white” as well as also being the name of the wife of Shiva
- Gavina: Feminine form of the Celtic name “Gavin”, meaning “white hawk”
- Generys: Medieval Welsh name meaning “white lady”
- Guavain: Norman French name meaning “May hawk” or “white hawk”
- Guinevere: French name meaning “white and smooth.” This is also the name of Arthur’s consort in the Arthurian Legends.
- Haukea: Hawaiian name meaning “snow white”
- Kachada: Hopi name meaning “white”
- Lachtna: Gaelic name meaning “milk-colored”
- Leucetius: Gallo-Roman god of thunder, meaning “white light”
- Livnath: Hebrew name meaning “whiteness”, “transparency”, and “glass.” Also the name of a river in the Bible.
- Matockah: Sioux name meaning “white bear”
- Whitaker: English name meaning “white acres”
- Wynne: Welsh name meaning “white”, “blessed”, and “fair”
Learn More: Top 100+ Badass Dog Names
Which Name is Your Favorite?
Now that you’ve scrolled through our long list of good names for white dogs, which ones stood out to you as your favorite? If one name didn’t stick out to you, no need to fret. Take as much time as you need sorting through names and perhaps even trying a few out.
The main factor you should consider when selecting a name is whether or not you like it. After all, you’re going to be the one that has to say the name and share it with your friends and family.
However, you should also take care that the name doesn’t sound like any of the commands you plan on teaching your canine. It should also sound unique enough to not be mistaken for anyone else in your household.